Friday, May 15, 2009

A New Bookish Blog

Hello and welcome to my new project, a blog about book collecting. I have for a long while been reading some of the bibliophilic blogs out there on a daily basis and thought I might give it a go. While my posts won't be as often as PhiloBiblos nor as beautifully illustrated as BiliOdyssey, I hope to find some happy middle ground between them.

The general theme will be to post on books that I have bought/sought after because of my nerdish inability to just be content with reading a book, but rather have to hunt down a first edition of it, find a stylish Penguin copy of it, and then gather any material (no matter how obscure) relating to its author, content or publishing history.

There will be an overabundance of detective fiction, for which I apologise, I will try my best to intersperse this with my other interests: the history of science; bibliography and the history of the book; libraries and other collections, etc., etc.

My next post (probably later today) will, in tribute to his essay whose title this blog shamelessly rips off, start with Umberto Eco.


PS as this is my first blog I am still experimenting with the layout, any thoughts as to what works best will be much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I am researching the Trechmann family. Would you please make contact with me - oldmoore@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete